I dug into my stash for this long-sleeve Tarlee T-Shirt! I made this during the pattern production process, and it’s a size larger than my bust measurement would recommend, so is a slightly more relaxed fit than my final version.
I love a striped t-shirt, and have quite a few RTW striped tees in my wardrobe that are looking a bit worse for wear.//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js
Fabric Consumption & Size detials: I used less than 2 metres of fabric of 150cm wide fabric for this t-shirt. I wasn’t terribly careful about matching the stripes, which probably helped me with fabric consumption. I’ve got a 48″ bust and 57″ hip/stomach, this is a straight-size F.//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js
Pattern Matching: Although I didn’t try particularly hard to match the stripes at the shoulders, and sleeves, I did ensure that all my pattern pieces ended at the bottom of a white stripe- that way, I could fold that stripe up as a seam-allowance and a black stripe would be at the bottom of the various bits.
I think this looks nice (it looks quite intentional and final), and as Tara from Paper Theory recently pointed out on her stories, having the lighter colour around the hems (and especially at the bottom of the sleeves) means your top could end up looking grubby sooner!