Adrianna Dress Toile, Friday Pattern

I’ve used my ‘sewing in isolation’ time to work through the backlog of printed-but-unmade PDF patterns in my stash, which includes toiling this Adrianna Dress pattern from Friday Pattern Co in some rayon fabric that I bought on super sale, and which I now consider to be extremely ugly (but I can’t remember if I thought that at the time of purchase, or if I thought it would be handy for toiles)…

Adrianna Dress//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

The Adrianna Dress pattern (which is available up to 54″ bust and 57″ hip) is the woven dress companion pattern to the Adrienne Blouse (which is for knits, is a top and isn’t available in the extended size range).

Friday Pattern Company patterns are drafted for a B-cup and on reading the reviews from Sierra and Michelle over on the CSC I decided that I’d probably need to do baby’s first Full-Bust-Adjustment.

Adrianna Dress//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

Size Details: So I started with a 1X at the bust and graded out to the 4X from below the bust dart (I used the 1X sleeve pieces, since they seemed generous enough). I then used this tutorial on the Curvy Sewing Collective to do a FBA of 2 inches (so 1 inch on each side). This hideously patterned fabric might be hiding a multitude of sins on my FBA, but given how to top of the dress fits (quite snug), I definitely couldn’t have gone without it.

Adrianna Dress//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

I had to cut the sleeves shorter than called for due to a lack of fabric (the sleeves are so wide) and I didn’t bother putting elastic in the bottom since this dress isn’t likely to ever be seen outside of my apartment.

This was my first Friday Pattern Co pattern and I thought the instructions were great. I’m back here updating this blog post on February 2021 and I haven’t actually managed to make a final version of this dress!